The Lansdale Historical Society was founded in 1972, and its purpose is to preserve the history of the borough of Lansdale and the greater North Pennsylvania area and to share its collection of material and resources with the greater community, particularly, the youth. It has its headquarters in a two-building complex, located on Jenkins Avenue in the center of Lansdale, Montgomery County, PA. The buildings are owned by the Borough of Lansdale.
About the Complex
The complex includes the Jenkins Homestead, a 1770-era Federalist-style farmstead that is the oldest building within the original borders of Lansdale. Portions of the Homestead have been restored and are open for public tours.
The Lansdale Historical Research Center, located less than 60 feet from the Homestead, was acquired by the Borough in 2000 and has undergone extensive renovations to make it computer and Internet friendly and a repository for the Society's vast collection of documents and artifacts related to Lansdale and the surrounding North Penn area. The building is handicapped accessible.
The complex is located one block off Lansdale’s Main Street on Jenkins Avenue between Chestnut and Line Streets. On street parking is available on Jenkins Avenue.