10 & under tennis
The scaled-to-size equipment and playing area allows children to rally and play the game, increasing the likelihood that they will return to the court and continue to improve!
- Courts are made smaller and easier to cover.
- Balls bounce lower and slower, making them easier to hit.
- 3 levels of tennis balls based on age and ability levels.
- Racquets sized for small hands that are easier to grip and swing.
Session 1 - May 31 - June 28
SESSION 2 - jULY 19 - aUGUST 16
SESSION 3 - sEPTEMBER 13 - OCTOBER 11
AGES 5-6 - 5:00 pm to 5:45 pm (max 8)
- Children will learn how to use their racquets and judge the flight path of the ball using fun activities. Racquet and ball work plays the largest part of every lesson with special balls and small racquets being used to promote hand, eye coordination.
- The ultimate goal is to have children enjoy the experience of rallying.
AGES 7-8 - 5:45 pm to 6:30 pm (max 8)
- Young players will move from simple rallies to actual game play on a 36-foot court.
- Points will begin with a serve and players will learn simple tactics, recovery after the hit, and shot selection.
- The rules of tennis are also introduced, and young players will learn to keep and announce score, and to call balls in or out of bounds.
AGES 9-10 - 6:30 PM TO 7:30 PM (max 12)
- Children will be taught the basics of a rally by using forehand and backhand ground strokes so they can hit balls back and forth over the net with a partner after the first session.
- Children will develop the technical skills that will enable them to develop the tactics for different playing situations associated with the game of tennis.