Operation Package Protectors
- Program will run from November 16, 2020 to Sunday, December 20, 2020. NO Packages will be accepted after 12/20/20.
- Lansdale Residents ONLY.
- Must pick up package within 3 days.
- Packages can be picked up anytime at the Lansdale Borough Police Department.
- Packages must weigh less than 25 lbs.
- Must have Government-issued ID matching the name on the package when picking up.
- Must have proof of purchase or receipt when picking up.
- We CANNOT ACCEPT packages from the United States Post Office.
- We CAN ACCEPT packages from Amazon, FedEx, and UPS.
- Packages should be addressed in YOUR NAME to LANSDALE POLICE DEPARTMENT'S address. (sample below)
C/O Lansdale Police Department
1 Vine Street, Suite 101
Lansdale, PA 19446
Theft of packages is at an all-time high with an estimated 1.7 million packages stolen or lost every day in the United States. An estimated 36% of Americans have been victims of “Porch Pirates.” Online shopping increases every year and 2020 is shaping up to set records of package theft, as more people shop at home due to COVID-19. Many shipping companies offer secure options for package drop off and pick up. With these trends in mind, the Lansdale Borough Police Department would like to offer its residents another option:
OPERATION PACKAGE PROTECTORS
Operation Package Protectors is a program designed to help prevent the theft of packages during the holidays. Lansdale Borough Residents can have holiday packages sent to the department’s headquarters for safe keeping until they are able to pick them up. This service is free of charge!
Packages will be received and stored by the Lansdale Borough Police Department from Monday, November 16 to Sunday, December 20. During this time, Lansdale Borough Residents can pick up the packages anytime.
To pick up your packages, stop by the police station with your government-issued identification matching the name on the package. Please provide proof of purchase or the receipt showing the package was sent to the Lansdale Police Department in your name. The package must be under 25 pounds and picked up within three days of delivery.
We will accept from Amazon, FedEx, and UPS. We cannot accept deliveries from the United States Postal Service.
Residents with any questions can call 215-368-1801 or email your question to CSU@lansdalepd.org